Your Neighbourhood Policing Team have been working hard to reduce crime. In the last few weeks, there has been a spate of car related crime in this area.
We have increased our patrols in your neighbourhood and are keen to ensure that we catch the people responsible. To help keep your property and valuables safe, there are a number of things that you can do to support us:
- Never leave your car with the keys inside – even for a minute.
- Make sure you always leave your car secure. Close all windows and lock all doors. It may sound obvious but many crimes are committed by opportunist thieves trying door handles.
- Don’t leave valuables on display. Not even an empty plastic bag.
- Take all belongings with you when you leave the car.
Thieves will break into your car just to see if anything is in it!
- Mark all the property you keep in your vehicle using a UV marker or permanent marker pen. You can write your car registration number or name and postcode; if something is stolen from your car this will increase the chance of it being returned to you if found.
- Whatever the age or condition of your car it is still a target for thieves.
Don’t give thieves the opportunity to make you a victim of car crime. If you would like more information about how to keep your property safe, visit http://www.merseyside.police.uk
If you have information about a crime or have general local concerns that you would like to raise, please do not hesitate to contact the South Wirral Neighbourhood Policing Team via 101.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111. They are a national charity independent to the police. You won’t be asked your name, just what you know.
Please be reassured that your Neighbourhood Policing Team is doing everything possible to reduce crime further. By looking after your property and keeping an eye out on your street you can help us bring it down too.
Many thanks for your support
Inspector Ross Meredith
Bromborough Police Station
Bromborough Village Road